These last days are being quite challenging in many ways. Not only for not being able to go to the office, to meet clients or to socialize with friends and family. But also not having a stocked freezer full of fresh fruits and vegetables are leading me to look for nutritious and tasty alternatives with the few things that I sometimes have in the fridge. Today I bring you this new Carrot Glazé recipe!
So that is precisely what I did this week with some mushrooms and carrots that I had from a previous recipe. The result was this creamy, tasty, and earthy stew that is the perfect accompaniment to any pasta or rice.
Cooking, and moreover, cooking a stew is an excellent activity if you have anxiety or feel depressed. Cooking by itself is like meditating. When I focus on washing, cutting, and preparing food, it makes the world stop. I evade from possible worries that may be tormenting me. But also making a stew is even more enriching in every way, the smell of the mountains from the aromatic herbs and the rich and almost meaty notes of mushrooms will transport you for a few minutes outside your apartment!
Take care & stay safe,
Hope you enjoy this Carrot Glazé recipe. You can also try this other one
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp majoram fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly grounded
- Put a large pan over medium heat, and add the oil when hot. Then place the onion and cook over low heat occasionally stirring for 5 minutes.
- Set the carrots and mushrooms and increase the heat to high. Cook for a few more minutes. Continue to stir every couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the stock in a pan.
- Season the mushrooms mixture with salt and pepper, lower the heat and pour the stock. Low the heat and let it simmer until tender.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and reserve. Better if you let it sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve with basmati rice or some Farfalle and enjoy!