Orange Pomegranate Parfaits: Our new healthy & easy recipe
Many of you have been asking about my yogurts and how to do them at home. So today is the day, here it goes! So today I came this amazing heathy and easy recipe the Orange Pomegranate Parfaits.
But, first things first. I think it is important to say that as you will see, the main ingredients are coconut and cashew. Which are really healthy, but also have a high content of plant-based fat. And even though it is a healthy fat, we should always be aware of how much of it we are consuming and therefore control the intake. This matter could take a few more words, but I will write about it some other day, promise!
That said, It’s time for the recipe. Hope you like it as much as I did! Please let us know how has it been we love hear from all of you!
If you need more ideas for Breakfast you can visit us here. You can find a lot of different recipes and learn all the benefits of each ingredients and how to combine them. Enjoy excellent recipes for breakfast, whether you prefer salty or sweet. Start your day taking care of yourself choosing a healthy and vegan breakfast like this recipe. Take care of you every single day!
- yogurt maker
- high-speed blender
For the yogurt
- 1 cup almonds soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 can coconut milk I like using Trader Joe's
- 1 small lemon's zest
- 1/2 Medjool date
- 1/4 tsp probiotic powder
For the Parfaits
- orange jelly sugar free
For the yogurt
- Blend all the yogurt ingredients in a blender until smooth.
If using a yogurt maker:
- Pour the blended ingredients into the yogurt pots and leave it for 8hours at 108ªF. Please wait a few minutes before putting it in the fridge when it finishes.
If not using a yogurt maker:
- Pour the blended ingredients into a glass bowl or porcelain bowl. Cover with clean cheesecloth and its own metal lid and leave in a warm place overnight to ferment. Slightly more than 10 hours.
- The next day you should see some air bubbles and a mousse appearance. If that’s the case, they are ready! (if not leave it for a couple of hours more especially if it’s winter) Whenever it’s done, you have to stir with a spoon and save it in the fridge.
For the Parfait
- From here, the possibilities are endless. These here are the last ones I’ve done. A more winter flavor with orange jam and pomegranate.
- To plate, you only have to put layers of yogurt, orange jam, and pomegranate in the order that you wish! And that’s all! Ready for an exceptional breakfast for Valentine’s Day!Enjoy!