Memorial weekend is here! I can’t believe it! Time flies! Let’s try a new recipe for this special occasion: The perfect kale salad
And, as always, with Memorial weekend also comes BBQs with families & friends, cocktails, by the pool, and the first ice creams of the year. I love it! It’s the perfect kick-off of the summer season!
As much as I love summer and everything that comes with it, I am aware that they are not necessarily the healthiest choice! And I know how difficult it is to resist all of it, especially when we are enjoying a good and deserved time with those we love and have not been able to see in such along.
That’s why today I want to share with you the perfect salad to accompany the festivities, this weekend and the rest of the summer!
It’s light, delicious, full of contrasts both in flavor and texture, and very easy to make, it will take you no time! So you can enjoy the moment knowing that at the same time you’re picking the healthy choice!
I hope you enjoy this perfect kale salad and happy Memorial Weekend!
You can also try this one for the occasion
- 2 cup baby kale you can also use salad mixed greens if you prefer
- 7 cherry tomatoes whole or cut in half
- 7 strawberries laminated or cut in four pieces
- 3 scallions chopped (save the green part for serving)
- 1 can white beans dried
- 2 carrots diced
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ginger powdered
- 1 garlic clove small, minced
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When heated, add the EVOO, the white part of the scallions, and the carrots and cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and continuously whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl toss, all the ingredients except for the green part of the scallions, which will be added at the last minute.
- Top with the remaining scallions and some sprouts if you wish.
Btw, pairs to perfection with a rosé wine!