Happy 5 de Mayo!! Well, not quite yet, but I’m always up to celebrate anything, so, Let’s start the party!
And, is there any way better than to celebrate anything other than with tasty, healthy food? I can’t think of any right now, that’s why I’m sharing with you this insanely delicious dish: Vegan Taco Bowl recipe! They are so good! Moreover, as using a bowl instead of tortillas makes this a low carb dish, what else can we ask for?
They are straightforward and so colorful that your table will look gorgeous! Even more, if you mix it with some Margaritas!
Hope you enjoy this new recipe, the Vegan taco bowl for th 5 de Mayo
Don’t forget to visit all our healthy & easy recipe to do your life easier! With the SCK Method you will take care of your body health while you take car of the planet. We always try to share with all of you many tips & tricks to live a more sustainable life. You can also learn all the benefits of the whole plant-based diet and how to introduce more vegetables & fruits in you weekly menu.
- 1 box vegan Mexican meat
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rbown rice
- 1/3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Cook the rice and set a side.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, when heated add 2 teaspoons of EVOO, the onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook for around 5 minutes, or until softened, and then add the red bell pepper and the taco seasoning keep stirring.
- After about 5 more minutes, add the vegan meat and the beans. Sautee for a couple of minutes and add the vegetable stock. Let it simmer until there is no more liquid left.
- Place in a bowl a base of rice and then layer the cooked mixture and the avocado. Top with the avocado, cilantro, and cheese. And finally, squeeze fresh limes over it.
Looking for more colorful healthy treats? Check out this amazing Paella!