How was your weekend?
I guess it’s because of the cold weather outside, but all I wanted to do this weekend was stay indoors! I spent mine looking for more recipes ideas for all of you and one of them was these tasty Carrot muffins recipe!
During the week, I always have to run from one place to another, home, office, site visits, clients, yoga,.. It can be really exhausting, even more, when it’s under 32ºF, and you are totally a beach girl!
So, this weekend I took it easy, I did some home spa, read a good book, and bake! I don’t know why, but there is something about the smell when baking that has a relaxing effect that I love!
One of the goodies I baked these days was these delicious Carrot Muffins recipe. The quantities make a dozen of them so freeze some and the rest,.. well, I already know what I am going to snack this week while racing around Manhattan!
If you need more ideas for Breakfast you will enjoy this also healthy recipe. You can find a lot of different recipes and learn all the benefits of each ingredients and how to combine them. Enjoy excellent recipes for breakfast, whether you prefer salty or sweet. Start your day taking care of yourself choosing a healthy and vegan breakfast like this recipe. Take care of you every single day!
Stay warm, dears!
- 1 cup whole flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed grounded
- 1 tbsp chia seeds grounded
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil liquid
- 2 tbsp apple sauce unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon grounded
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
For the Forsting
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Almond milk unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF.
- Start with the frosting. Blend together all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. If needed add some more almond milk. Once done set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- Pour slowly the wet ingredients over the dry until you get a dough. Finally, add the grated carrots.
- Fill the cupcakes molds with the mixture and bake for around 40 min or until you can slide a knife into the center and comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before decorating with the frost.